Solved

Why does the Anchorsnapper not snap to all anchor points?

• 13 September 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have two point featureclasses and want to snap the points from Point_01 to Point_02. Both Featureclasses have 261 points, but after the translation, there is always only 245 snapped points and 16 which are untouched. I have tried many tolerances and snap-to-Vertex as well as snap-to-endpoints, but something is stopping the 16 points from snapping to the next point.

If anyone can shed some light I would be most grateful

icon

Best answer by david_r 13 September 2017, 12:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If you inspect the untouched points in relation to the anchors, do they fall within the tolerance? Any other odd things?

If you can share your data it would help us find out what's going on.

Userlevel 4

Could it be that 16 of the points in "Point_01" already superposes a point in "Point_02"?

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Could it be that 16 of the points in "Point_01" already superposes a point in "Point_02"?

My bet is on this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

It's the most likely situation.

Badge

Correct...I did not expect to have points which shared the same coordinate. Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Correct...I did not expect to have points which shared the same coordinate. Thanks

FYI. You can simply check if each Untouched point exactly match an anchor point, using the SpatialFilter (Anchor -> Filter, Untouched -> Candidate).