Question

Aecosim written IFC custom attributes not appearing

• 15 September 2019
  • 2 replies

I'm an infrequent user of FME so apologies if this is a simple solution.

I have an IFC file that was created by exporting from Aecosim and I'm trying to expose the custom attributes (See image below) that I can see when opening the ifc in Solibri. I've searched this community and found nothing that can help me so far. If anyone has a solution or a way forward, your help would be much appreciated

I should add, my goal is to get this information out into an Excel document.

Thanks for your help

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @karlos86, IFC feature usually contains those properties as geometry traits, and you can extract them as feature attributes with the GeometryPropertyExtractor transformer.

Just be aware the transformer won't expose the extracted attribute names automatically. Check if the attributes have been extracted as expected with the Feature Information window in FME Data Inspector, and then expose them with the AttributeExposer in the workspace if necessary.

Thanks very much @takashi, I managed to get the required attributes through last night with this solution. Do you know why I keep having element skipped in the ifc. I attach an image of the error. Is there a way I can stop this skipping?Thanks again for your help

Karlos