Question

revit model export rvz lose something

• 20 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi, there is a revit model that is normal when exporting ifc, but some models are lost when exported as rvz files. Lost this part of the model is mainly the use of structural framework order to create the components, especially the arc-shaped parts easily lost.

IFC4

RVZ

Revit File:

revit file_google drive

revit file_one drive

Thanks.

5 replies

Badge

hello

I also meet this problem when I convert revit model to rvz format. I haven't solved this problem until now.

Have you solved the problem now? If you solve the problem, can you tell me how you solved it?

thanks a lot !

Unfortunately, I haven't solved the problem yet. I hope the authorities can solve it.

Unfortunately, I haven't solved the problem yet. I hope the authorities can solve it.

Badge
Hi,

I downloaded and tested your model. Unless there are some very specific uses and requirements that are needed from IFC4, I would suggest exporting to RVZ or IFC using IFC 2x3 instead. When I exported your model and opened it in FME Inspector and Workbench, everything shows up as it does in Revit. Additionally, there have been issues with Revit exports to IFC4 in general, where geometries go missing.

Hope that helps.

Badge

I didn't find a solution either, and I am trying to replace RVZ with the IFC. If I find a solution to this problem, I will inform you immediately.

Good luck!