Question

Postgis 2.1

• 11 April 2019
  • 3 replies

I have a workspace to convert shapes files to Postgis 1.5 working fine

In the same workspace, I change the conection parameters to conect the same table in Postgis 2.1 but I get an error because of Srid restriction.

Reading the log, I see is trying to write SRID=1 (the postgis restriction is to Srid=25830, in both versions of Postgis, so it returns an error)

The conection parameters are the same in both conections

If I inspect the entity that its trying to write, the properties gives EPSG:25830 Coordinate System,

but in the log writes SRID=1

Why is trying to load Srid=1 when I change conection to Postgis 2.1?

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi @pedrosegeom,

It appears there can be few things in play. If you can share your log file or workspace that would be helpful.

Open PgAdmin 

Connect to Server and Select the PostGIS Database, 

Run the following SQL

SELECT srid, auth_name, auth_srid, srtext, proj4text FROM public.spatial_ref_sys;

RESULT:  Should see all the Coordinate Systems available(check for EPSG:25830 is available or missing) 

It's possible on this new server you may be missing spatial_ref_sys, in that case you will have to re-install the table (there should be a sql script).

Hi @pedrosegeom,

It appears there can be few things in play. If you can share your log file or workspace that would be helpful.

Open PgAdmin 

Connect to Server and Select the PostGIS Database, 

Run the following SQL

SELECT srid, auth_name, auth_srid, srtext, proj4text FROM public.spatial_ref_sys;

RESULT:  Should see all the Coordinate Systems available(check for EPSG:25830 is available or missing) 

It's possible on this new server you may be missing spatial_ref_sys, in that case you will have to re-install the table (there should be a sql script).

Thanks for your input.

EPSG:25830 is available in 2.1.

0684Q00000ArMcLQAV.png

This is the log file

fme.txt

I have set FME writer with WKT(yes) so you can see a line in log 'Error executing SQL command...'

The SQL command that creates the writer contains SRID=1. I don´t know why tries to write SRID=1 while, you can see in my first post, I've setted in writer EPSG:25830 and inspecting the feature i got that attribute filter is giving a feature with EPSG:25830

Thanks

Badge +8

Thanks for your input.

EPSG:25830 is available in 2.1.

This is the log file

fme.txt

I have set FME writer with WKT(yes) so you can see a line in log 'Error executing SQL command...'

The SQL command that creates the writer contains SRID=1. I don´t know why tries to write SRID=1 while, you can see in my first post, I've setted in writer EPSG:25830 and inspecting the feature i got that attribute filter is giving a feature with EPSG:25830

Thanks

Hi @pedrosegeom

I think we will require to investigate this further. Can you please submit a support ticket here https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ Please also send us your sample data as well. I have tested this primarily with PostGIS 2.5 and it appears to be working. I will test this with v2.1 as well.