Question

Filecopy Renaming Issue

Badge +1

I am having difficulty with the output of the filecopy writer that I am using.

I have the filecopy_source_dataset setup correctly in the sense that it is pointing correctly at the full path of the original file.

My filecopy_dest_dataset is set to write to the destination I want and create subfolders based on the value PLAN_SET_ID.

I have set the filecopy_dest_filename to what I want the different record drawings labeled as.

The issue I am having is on the creating of the .TIF files, some of the folders contain only the TIF's, which is what I want and only happens on about half of the .TIF being written out. Here is an example of what I am wanting.

What I am getting for the other half of the .TIF's is this.

• Folders with subfolders that are empty, but include part of the name of a .tif that should be written out.
  • Or a combination of subfolders that are empty, but include part of the name of a .tif that should be written out along with .tifs that wrote out correctly.

I am a bit confused as to why it is creating these additional folders for one, and secondly, if it is creating them, why are they empty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Have you checked if there are any slashes in any of the attributes you are using to create the destination filename?

Badge +1

Have you checked if there are any slashes in any of the attributes you are using to create the destination filename?

Well that was the winning ticket right there. The few that were writing out odd, did have slashes, and once removed everything is all groovy now. Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Well that was the winning ticket right there. The few that were writing out odd, did have slashes, and once removed everything is all groovy now. Thank you!

Been there, got the t-shirt :-)