Question

SQL Executer Line between Point and Line

• 15 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have a SQLite database with point and line geometries. I want to create a line between the points and the line objects. This line should be the shortest path and the sounding line (90 degres) on the existing line.

How can I manage this with a SQL Statement?

I want to use the spatial functions from SQLite

Thank you and best regards

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Is there any reason why you specifically want to use the SQLExecutor and the SQLite spatial functions? This can also be solved by using the NeighborFinder in FME.

Badge

Is there any reason why you specifically want to use the SQLExecutor and the SQLite spatial functions? This can also be solved by using the NeighborFinder in FME.

I use FME to find the best way for connecting the points with the line. But the final calculation should be done in a SQLite database. So I can´t use all of the fme functions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I use FME to find the best way for connecting the points with the line. But the final calculation should be done in a SQLite database. So I can´t use all of the fme functions.

Ok, but why? Does that give a different result than when you're doing it in FME?

Either way, I think what you can try is writing the data to the SQLite database using a FeatureWriter and then afterwards use the SQLExecutor to fire the SQL query to the database.