Question

autocad_viewport_view_center_x,y and autocad_viewport_twist_angle not working together

• 11 November 2019
  • 1 reply

I have a workspace in which I create a viewport and then center the model space over specific coordinate, this works great, until I try and twist the viewport, then I only get viewport twist and no centering or scaling of the viewport, is there an attribute order I am not respecting? I really need to focus the viewport and twist it.

Here are the transformers I am using to create viewport and calculate twist angle.

Here are the attributes I am creating with the attribute creator.

And I am getting center of location in model space units from CenterPointExtractor

This works great to get the viewport centered on a specific location, as soon as I add this

I lose the location inside the viewport and all I get is twist angle in the viewport no custom scale or focus on x,y. Anyone have a similar issue?

Here is viewport with autocad_viewport_twist_angle set, the rotation of viewport is good, but no focus

And once I remove the twist angle attribute I get this, the viewport is center perfect.

How do I combine these behavior successfully?

Below is link to workspace.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @garydlester,

I'm not 100% sure here, but this previous Forum question suggests that the order of attributes is important and changing that seemed to work for them. I think the autocad_twist_angle may need to be last in your AttributeCreator/Manager after you have set the center of the view. There's a bit more on Viewports in this documenation.

Hope that helps a bit!