Solved

Detect line relationship line

• 9 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello to all forum members,

I am looking for lines that have a close relationship between each other ~10 [cm].

The result is a blue line.

pictures: a), b), c) it's results from the workflow:

pictures: d), e) found a similar solution only the lines have a real relationship, they intersect.

Transformer: LineOnLineOverlayer and finall LengthCalculator so it's easy to detect.

I tested: NeighborFinder, LineDevider, Snipper, SpatialRelator

Thank you for your help.

icon

Best answer by piotrek6116 25 January 2019, 14:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If I understand you correctly you do want results a, b and c, but not d and e. A SpatialFilter can be used to detect the intersects.

Alternatively, since the AnchoredSnapper changes geometry, you might want to consider using the NeighborFinder instead.

Userlevel 4
I agree with @redgeographics, you could also consider using the regular Snapper set to end point snapping and a tolerance of 10cm.

Regarding the NeighborFinder, you may want to consider only using the start/end vertices, you can use the CoordinateExtractor/VertexCreator combination for this.

Badge +1

Thanks for answer from members,

but the answers do not match my assumption.

I've built a new one workflow 'test' but no exactly what i want.

Input data

Results the workflow 'test' - it's the big red point, that is place when blue line should touch each other around 0.02 cm.

I am looking for a result only green line. Image edited in "paint".

I exclude the relationship on the dots from the example

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Thanks for answer from members,

but the answers do not match my assumption.

I've built a new one workflow 'test' but no exactly what i want.

Input data

Results the workflow 'test' - it's the big red point, that is place when blue line should touch each other around 0.02 cm.

I am looking for a result only green line. Image edited in "paint".

I exclude the relationship on the dots from the example

Do give the NeighborFinder a try, from the _closest_candidate_x, _closest_candidate_y, _closest_base_x and _closest_base_y attributes that green line can be reconstructed.

Badge +1

Do give the NeighborFinder a try, from the _closest_candidate_x, _closest_candidate_y, _closest_base_x and _closest_base_y attributes that green line can be reconstructed.

Yes that's works. Final results present VertexCreator, thanks for help.