Solved

How would you get the x,y coordinate of leader tip, Multileader AutoCAD

• 5 December 2019
  • 2 replies

I would like to find the coordinate for the tip of a leader line in autoCAD I tried extracting coordinate at vertex 0 but the point is not at the exact same location as it is in AutoCAD is there an autocad attribute that represents this information?

I have used aggregation method and coordinate extraction on the line feature to get really close but the point is not at the exact location after processing.

It looks like the location I am getting is actually the center of the arrowhead and not the location of the tip on the arrow.

icon

Best answer by garydlester 5 December 2019, 20:35

View original

2 replies

I Changed the arrow size to 0 and now I am getting an accurate coordinate.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

I Changed the arrow size to 0 and  now I am getting an accurate coordinate.

0684Q00000ArK4qQAF.png

Hi @garydlester,

Glad to hear that you got it working! I stumbled across some (rather obscure) attributes in the doc that I wanted to share:

autocad_dim_arrowhead_pt_<number>.x
autocad_dim_arrowhead_pt_<number>.y 

"which describe the x,y coordinates of the vertex, on each arrowhead, that could be called the “tip of the arrow.” <number> is some number between 1 and the number of arrowheads in the dimension. If there are no arrowheads, then this attribute will not be supplied." (From the dimensions section in the doc). If that proves useful, we can see about adding that information to the Leaders doc to make it easier to find.