Solved

Geometry traits to attribute

• 21 September 2018
  • 10 replies

Badge +5

Hello, I have AIXM 5 reader in my workspace. When I load geometry, I got 2D points. I need to get elevation from geometry trait. My problem is that the geometry property extractor does not offer me any traits for export. Where can be a mistake?

Here is my data in Data Inspector:

icon

Best answer by oscard 21 September 2018, 10:56

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
How have you set parameters in the GeometryPropertyExtractor?

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

In this answer they comment about using Deaggregator and then the GeometryPropertyExtractor.

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/61884/how-to-convert-obj-group-and-and-object-traits-to.html

Not sure if it could work for you.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Does every point surely have the trait called "elevation"? I'm afraid that the trait is missing in some features.

Badge +5

Thanks. Deaggregator helps me

Badge +5

Does every point surely have the trait called "elevation"? I'm afraid that the trait is missing in some features.

Good note. I did not think so. Next time I check it in advance. This time is the elevation property everywhere.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

hmm, sounds strange. By the default Geometry XQuery, the GeometryPropertyExtractor should extract the specified trait without de-aggregating, if every geometry has the trait...

Badge +5
hmm, sounds strange. By the default Geometry XQuery, the GeometryPropertyExtractor should extract the specified trait without de-aggregating, if every geometry has the trait...

It is quite strange. In GeometryPropertyExtractor is still any traits to choose, but I have elevation in attributes after translation.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

These screenshots demonstrate how the transformer with the default Geometry XQuery works for aggregate geometries. In the sample data, 4 features didn't have "elevation" trait.

Badge +5

These screenshots demonstrate how the transformer with the default Geometry XQuery works for aggregate geometries. In the sample data, 4 features didn't have "elevation" trait.

I tried the same. I still can´t choose any trait to extract, but now it works without deaggregator. I think of some mistake in reader setting or in input data.

If you want test original data: obst1809.xml

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I was able to extract the "elevation" trait from your sample data, without Deaggregator. I've not touch any parameter in the AIXM5 reader.

aixm5-geometrypropertyextractor.fmwt (FME 2018.1.0.2)