Question

Sorter transformer issue (FME Workbench 2019.1)

• 10 October 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I've just updated to the new FME version (2019.1) and I am experimenting some stranger issues with the Sorter Transformer as you can show on the image bellow:

However, If I start the process with a SQLCreator transformer or put an AttributeKeeper before Sorter, I won't get any issue.

I've never got this error on previous FME versions.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Regards.

8 replies

Userlevel 4

Try removing the Sorter and insert a new one. Does that make a difference?

Userlevel 2
Badge +12
Maybe not the solution for the Sorter issue, but you can sort the output in the SQLExecutor by adding a ORDER BY testCode to the SQL statement.
Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Another thought:

The SQLExecutor (at least in Oracle) will return the attributes in uppercase.

If you have exposed the attribute as testCode, that attribute might not actually have a value (or even exits).

Try exposing TESTCODE and using that in the Sorter.

Badge +2

Update: Resolved in FME 2020.1 (builds 20522+).

Hi @drami85,

I'm able to reproduce this on my machine as well.

It looks like this is only occurring in the SQLExecutor and not on the SQLCreator or when using the reader. I've reported this issue in our system (FMEENGINE-61782) and will update this thread when it is resolved. If you would also like to be notified by email, please submit a case and request to be linked to the issue: FMEENGINE-61782.

Possibly feature table related as the AttributeKeeper does not support bulk mode so it splits the feature table(s). Interesting that this does not occur on the SQLCreator as well.

Thanks for posting this!

Badge +4

Try removing the Sorter and insert a new one. Does that make a difference?

Tanks david, but I tried to do that and it didn't work. It seems a FME desktop issue.
Badge +4

Another thought:

The SQLExecutor (at least in Oracle) will return the attributes in uppercase.

If you have exposed the attribute as testCode, that attribute might not actually have a value (or even exits).

Try exposing TESTCODE and using that in the Sorter.

Thanks for your answer but it didn't.

Badge +4

Update: Resolved in FME 2020.1 (builds 20522+).

Hi @drami85,

I'm able to reproduce this on my machine as well.

It looks like this is only occurring in the SQLExecutor and not on the SQLCreator or when using the reader. I've reported this issue in our system (FMEENGINE-61782) and will update this thread when it is resolved. If you would also like to be notified by email, please submit a case and request to be linked to the issue: FMEENGINE-61782.

Possibly feature table related as the AttributeKeeper does not support bulk mode so it splits the feature table(s). Interesting that this does not occur on the SQLCreator as well.

Thanks for posting this!

Thanks Chris. I will keep an eye on it.

Badge +2

Thanks Chris. I will keep an eye on it.

HI @drami85,

I just wanted to let you know that our team just marked this issue as resolved in the FME 2020.1 beta (builds 20522+). The current beta build is 20510 so this fix should become available very soon. Feel free to give it a try after 20522 (or newer) becomes available and let us know if it is still causing problems.

Thanks again for reporting this issue!