Question

DWG to SHP with associated attributes

• 24 February 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I would like to convert a dwg file to shp file. The problem is that it contains a lot of attribute for each object. I want to convert the dwg file to shp where each object have the associated attribute value. Please see picture below. for example, "CJ" originate from a layer in CAD. I want that layer to have it own column in the attribute table for the SHP file.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You'll need to use PointOnAreaOverlayer(s) to get the text values as attributes on to the areas. It'll be interesting to see if for example the "1,2 ha" is actually a single text object. If not, you'll need to group that.

Badge +1

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am almost happy with my result but at the same time not because I cannot seem to get the right value under the right column. I will attach my workspace and the DWG file so you can see my result. acad2mapinfo.fmw

1691 C ALMNÄS 5-2 LAGA KRAFT.dwg

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am almost happy with my result but at the same time not because I cannot seem to get the right value under the right column. I will attach my workspace and the DWG file so you can see my result. acad2mapinfo.fmw

You'll need to do a PointOnAreaOverlayer of the texts on the polygons, then based on the autocad_layer of the texts determine what output attribute to fill with their fme_text_string value.

Badge +1

You mean instead of tranformer NeighborFinder?
Userlevel 5
Badge +25
You mean instead of tranformer NeighborFinder?

Yes, give that a try.

Badge +1

Yes, give that a try.

What do you mean by this part: "then based on the autocad_layer of the texts determine what output attribute to fill with their fme_text_string value. " ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

What do you mean by this part: "then based on the autocad_layer of the texts determine what output attribute to fill with their fme_text_string value. " ?

I'm assuming the different numbers each have their own meaning and that they are grouped by layer. If you want to fill specific attribute of the polygons you can use the original autocad_layer attribute from the texts to determine where they should go.

Ultimately you're in control of your data (and you know best what it's all about).

Badge +1

I'm assuming the different numbers each have their own meaning and that they are grouped by layer. If you want to fill specific attribute of the polygons you can use the original autocad_layer attribute from the texts to determine where they should go.

Ultimately you're in control of your data (and you know best what it's all about).

Ok, but how do I do this part? " If you want to fill specific attribute of the polygons you can use the original autocad_layer attribute from the texts to determine where they should go. "? Like could you specifically tell me the seps?