Solved

Driver GPS Point Start Stop Sequence

• 12 September 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

I am looking to take a point feature class that acquires a GPS location from our Utility trucks every 15 seconds and create routes driven based upon historical data. End goal is I would like to build a polyline feature class to reduce the amount of data that I am publishing to our Portal to improve the performance of querying data, as we are acquiring approximately 2.5-3 million points within a 30 day span.

Below is an example of the data being received.

Here is what the data means:

Vehicle is Offline = IsIdle - 0 & GpsActive - 0

Vehicle is active but in a Idle State = IsIdle - 1 & GpsActive - 1

Vehicle is Actively Moving = IsIdle - 0 & GpsActive - 1

The part I am getting stumped on is how I can define routes driven. In the example above, there would have been 2 routes driven. The first route would be from

to

and the second route being

to

Below is an example of where I would like to take the data, with the addition of some sort of RouteID field.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dave

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 12 September 2019, 21:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Could you share a sample CSV file, so we can have a try at this fun challenge?

Badge +1

Could you share a sample CSV file, so we can have a try at this fun challenge?

Vehicle Historical Routing.csv

Here's a small sample set.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

You should be able to use adjacent attribute handling to set the route id. I'm presuming you would just need to start at 1 and then increment that number every time the gpsactive field changes to 0?

gpsroute.fmwt

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

I have created a FME workspace (FME 2019) that creates the 13 lines from the sample.

The workspace looks like this:

This is the output (in the Data Inspector):

The workspace is attached here route.fmw

Hope this helps.

Badge +1

You should be able to use adjacent attribute handling to set the route id. I'm presuming you would just need to start at 1 and then increment that number every time the gpsactive field changes to 0?

gpsroute.fmwt

Solid response and that was way easier than I was anticipating.

Badge +1

gpsroute.fmwt

This seems to work great. The only issue I am seeing now is that for each vehicle, which I have around 100 total. Not all vehicle RouteID's start at 1.
Badge +1

gpsroute.fmwt

@egomm Do you know how I can get the start and stop sequence to start at 1 for each vehicle based off of the field "VehicleID"? I've attached a larger list for you to view.

Vehicle Export.csv

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

@egomm Do you know how I can get the start and stop sequence to start at 1 for each vehicle based off of the field "VehicleID"? I've attached a larger list for you to view.

Vehicle Export.csv

You can add an extra condition in the attributecreator that will set the routeID back to 1 for each vehicle, you'll need to ensure that the the data is sorted by vehicle first, then gpstime for this to work correctly