Question

Left/Right side bufferer - missing polygon

• 13 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi

I have downloaded the workspace 'Buffer On Left or Right Side Only' from the FME Knowledge Centre (https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/20651/buffer-on-left-or-right-side-only.html)

I am following this exactly as I want to create buffers on either the left or right side of a road. I then want to create polygons from these new segments (buffers). I have a separate line (split into 44 segments) which I am using to split the buffer by.

For some reason it keeps missing out one section. I seem to have an overlap at this section when I run the 'Common segment finder'. This then stops the polygonbuilder from creating just one segment.

I am really stuck in how to fix this. Any ideas would be really appreciated. I have attached screenshots within Inspector of the common segment finder 'overlap' and 'no overlap' as well as the outputs of the polygon builder 'polygon' and 'unused line'

Thank you.

2 replies

Badge +3

@jmac

If the overlap is twarthing the outcome, you could use a lineonlneoverlayer and set "separate collinear segments" to "no" (and preserve paths if needed).

Or intersect, LineOnLine with scs=yes and maybe accept the separate buffer?

Or if overlap is incorrect, remove it?

@jmac

If the overlap is twarthing the outcome, you could use a lineonlneoverlayer and set "separate collinear segments" to "no" (and preserve paths if needed).

Or intersect, LineOnLine with scs=yes and maybe accept the separate buffer?

Or if overlap is incorrect, remove it?

Thank you! It worked with an intersect, then LineOnLineOverlayer with scs= yes and then fed that into the CommonSegmentFinder. Thank you again