Solved

Job Result Data: numFeaturesOutput = 0

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Dear FMEers,

We are using the API to submit transformations and get jobs with the result when completed. This works fine but the numFeaturesOutput is always 0 even when features are written. Must be something simple but I can't find how to get this to work.

Using FeatureWriters in 2016.1.

And how can we put text in the Description Parameter?

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 19 July 2017, 10:06

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Features written by a FeatureWriter don't count towards the total number of features written. They do show up in the log though.

Userlevel 4

If you look at the job log, how many features is reported as written at the end?

You can specify the description in the TMDirectives block of the API call used to submit your job, here's an example using json:

{
  "FMEDirectives": {},
  "NMDirectives": {
    "failureTopics": [],
    "successTopics": []
  },
  "TMDirectives": {
    "rtc": false,
    "description": "This is a description of my job submission",
    "priority": 100,
    "tag": ""
  },
  "publishedParameters": [
    {
      "name": "MY_PARAMETER",
      "value": "1234"
    }
  ],
  "subsection": "REST_SERVICE"
}
Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Features written by a FeatureWriter don't count towards the total number of features written. They do show up in the log though.

Thanks, good to know.

Userlevel 4

Didn't have to wait long to learn something new today, thanks Hans. Sounds like it's something that Safe should look into.
Userlevel 6
Badge +33

If you look at the job log, how many features is reported as written at the end?

You can specify the description in the TMDirectives block of the API call used to submit your job, here's an example using json:

{
  "FMEDirectives": {},
  "NMDirectives": {
    "failureTopics": [],
    "successTopics": []
  },
  "TMDirectives": {
    "rtc": false,
    "description": "This is a description of my job submission",
    "priority": 100,
    "tag": ""
  },
  "publishedParameters": [
    {
      "name": "MY_PARAMETER",
      "value": "1234"
    }
  ],
  "subsection": "REST_SERVICE"
}
This is what we have implemented succesfully. But now I want to ask server what it did. I do get the "status": "SUCCESS" but I would like some more info... So I am looking for a way to communicate back from server to my other application via the API so I can tell the user how many features were processed..

Userlevel 4
This is what we have implemented succesfully. But now I want to ask server what it did. I do get the "status": "SUCCESS" but I would like some more info... So I am looking for a way to communicate back from server to my other application via the API so I can tell the user how many features were processed..

Short of using your workspace to store the results somewhere and then letting your application read them back, I'm not sure that's possible.
Userlevel 5
Badge +25
Didn't have to wait long to learn something new today, thanks Hans. Sounds like it's something that Safe should look into.
I agree, especially if we start seeing more and more workspaces using FeatureWriters this becomes an issue. I have a workspace running on FME Cloud that writes to a temporary Excel file and then uploads it to Dropbox. Same issue: 0 features written...

Userlevel 6
Badge +33
Short of using your workspace to store the results somewhere and then letting your application read them back, I'm not sure that's possible.
That's good to know. I can stop smashing my face at the desk then, thinking I'm to stupid to find out how it works LOL.

Badge +7
I agree, especially if we start seeing more and more workspaces using FeatureWriters this becomes an issue. I have a workspace running on FME Cloud that writes to a temporary Excel file and then uploads it to Dropbox. Same issue: 0 features written...

I believe I heard a Safer say at the FME UC that they are working on this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25
I believe I heard a Safer say at the FME UC that they are working on this.

I've created an idea for it (please vote)