Solved

Convert line type from continuous to dashed2 (AutoCAD)

• 3 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

I´m transforming some features in DWG file. But I have problems with one specifical line.

The DWG Reader show this line below:

I´m using DWGStyler to configure the parameters for writter correctly, but I´m not able to keep with the correct line shape.

Look below my DWG output.

Can help me?

Thank´s

icon

Best answer by jovitaatsafe 3 October 2018, 23:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @mr_fme,

Am I understanding correctly that you want to write out a dashed line in DWG but it's showing in AutoCAD as a continuous line? I noticed that when I try to set the line type in the DWGStyler it asks me for a template file (more about template files here). Are you using a template file with a layer that has a dashed line style specified? And is the layer with the line style applied to that line?

Badge +3

sound like either there is no dash in the used template. (unlikely as standard file contains a standard set).

Or you line does not have proper layername?

Or you have more then one line with offset begin and end. (dashes getting overlapped).

Hard to say which without sample data etc.

Badge +6

sound like either there is no dash in the used template. (unlikely as standard file contains a standard set).

Or you line does not have proper layername?

Or you have more then one line with offset begin and end. (dashes getting overlapped).

Hard to say which without sample data etc.

I´m not using template file. It´s required?

Badge +6

Hi @mr_fme,

Am I understanding correctly that you want to write out a dashed line in DWG but it's showing in AutoCAD as a continuous line? I noticed that when I try to set the line type in the DWGStyler it asks me for a template file (more about template files here). Are you using a template file with a layer that has a dashed line style specified? And is the layer with the line style applied to that line?

let me see...you helped a lot. I will read your suggest (article). Thank´s