Solved

Excel to XML causing bad encoding (UTF-8)

• 17 January 2019
  • 2 replies

I'm trying to create a workspace to create a XML file from an excel-report (Sample) and an excelfile containg some other information (Blad1). However I'm running in to issues with the encoding of the created file. It seems like textwriter is not able to output UTF-8 encoded characters (input contains Swedish characters like åäö).

Trying to understand where in the process this gets wierdly formatted but loggers seem to show the right characters.

When I exchange these characters manually in the output XML file the validationservice I'm using is working.

Anyone who can point out how to fix this? Kind regards.

icon

Best answer by lenaatsafe 17 January 2019, 22:31

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hi @flyell

could you please check what the encoding of the values leaving XMLTemplater is and whether the values look right? Also: is Text File Writer Character Encoding parameter set to UTF-8?

Hi @flyell

could you please check what the encoding of the values leaving XMLTemplater is and whether the values look right? Also: is Text File Writer Character Encoding parameter set to UTF-8?

It was the Text File Writer Character Encoding that needed to be changed. Thanks for the answer!