Question

Workspace Transformers "Not On Your System"

• 13 April 2016
  • 3 replies

Hello,I've got a workspace. When i open this workspace i get a fault. So, I can't read the whole workbench. I am missing a few transformers. Is t possible to view this workbench in a way to see how it's bild?

3 replies

Badge +22

It sounds like you have an older version of FME. ie the workspace was created in a more recent version.

Is it possible to upgrade your version of FME. (Note that you can install multiple versions of FME on the same machine
Userlevel 4

Hi

You will normally get a pretty self-explanatory error message if you open a workspace file in an older version of the FME Workbench, so I supect that not's the problem here. Although it would help if you told us which error you got :-)

It might be that your particular version of Workbench has a bug that can produce this error under certain circumstances. I'd recommend that you upgrade to the latest version and try again.

If that does not work, you should send the workspace file to either your FME reseller or Safe support for further analysis.

You can also open the .fmw file in a regular text editor, if you feel adventurous. Most notably, you should look for a line like this to see which FME version was used to save it:

#! LAST_SAVE_BUILD="FME(R) 2014 SP4 (20141022 - Build 14433 - WIN32)"

Some early versions of FME 2015 had some problems that could like a bit like what you describe.

David

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Yes, I agree with @jdh that it's a newer workspace opened in an older FME, so that the transformer version doesn't exist. That's the exact message that you would get - although as @david_r points out you would also get a message telling you that the workspace was made by a newer version.

Looking at your screenshot, I can tell you are running some version of FME2015.

FME2015 was FeatureMerger version 12, and FME2015.1 was FeatureMerger version 13.

So my guess is you are using a workspace created in 2015.1 or newer in FME2015.0