Question

fme fills polygons and circles

Badge +3

I am reading Autocad blocks and writing to PNG format(raster). In the reader itself I am dropping the blocks, and using imagerasteriser transformer and writing to png. But the problem is if the input feature contains polygons or circles , it comes as filled in png output. Actually its not filled element in Autocad?

I can I overcome this? or any workaround? (intersector is very costly)

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Couple of things you can try:

If they are areas but not filled, use the FeatureColorSetter to assign a fill color.

If they are not areas you can use the AreaBuilder to create areas out of it (but I suspect that in terms of processing it will be a big impact just like the Intersector) or maybe the MapnikRasterizer instead of the ImageRasterizer as it gives you a bit more control.

Badge +3

Couple of things you can try:

If they are areas but not filled, use the FeatureColorSetter to assign a fill color.

If they are not areas you can use the AreaBuilder to create areas out of it (but I suspect that in terms of processing it will be a big impact just like the Intersector) or maybe the MapnikRasterizer instead of the ImageRasterizer as it gives you a bit more control.

@redgeographics, i dont need fill color, i need without fill

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

@redgeographics, i dont need fill color, i need without fill

Ah, I misread your post. Maybe if you try forcing everything to lines with the GeometryCoercer?