Solved

SMTP error

Badge +16
  • Contributor
  • 1425 replies

Hello all,

I am getting an error message stating that the email sent via the Emailer transformer does not contain a header (From).

Here is a description of the error:

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

550-5.7.1 [2a00:4e40:1:1::9:4 11] Our system has detected that this message

550-5.7.1 is not RFC 5322 compliant:

550-5.7.1 'From' header is missing.

550-5.7.1 To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail, this message has been

550-5.7.1 blocked. Please visit

550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=RfcMessageNonCompliant

550 5.7.1 and review RFC 5322 specifications for more information. o16si20691209edc.165 - gsmtp

I am actually specifying a From in the emailer but it seems not to come through:

Does anybody know if its a known issue? I am using FME 2017.0.0.0 (20170228 - Build 17259 - WIN64)

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by takashi 2 June 2017, 15:15

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4

Why is the "To" attribute name red? Have you tried fixing that first? Same thing for the attachment filename.

Badge +16

Why is the "To" attribute name red? Have you tried fixing that first? Same thing for the attachment filename.

The transformer is not connected.....its more for displaying the settings, once connected the attachment is send.

Userlevel 4
The transformer is not connected.....its more for displaying the settings, once connected the attachment is send.

Ok, thanks, makes sense. Could it be that gmail doesn't like that your From-address doesn't belong to gmail?
Badge +16
Ok, thanks, makes sense. Could it be that gmail doesn't like that your From-address doesn't belong to gmail?
Dont think so because sending it via the mail is successful.

Userlevel 4

You could use something like Fiddler to check what FME is actually sending.

Badge +16

You could use something like Fiddler to check what FME is actually sending.

Since I am sending the mail via the provider I think that it wont be possible for me to use it

Mind you I have requested support from the same provider on the subject, was just wondering if other community user have encountered such an error before.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @itay, this seems to be a known bug that the "From" header will be missing when you send an Email from a generic SMTP to a Gmail address or to an address belonging to the same domain as the sender's address. The Gmail server will reject an Email without "From" header and return the error you've observed. I've reported the bug to Safe already and heard that it is addressed to be fixed in FME 2017.1.

Badge +16

Hi @itay, this seems to be a known bug that the "From" header will be missing when you send an Email from a generic SMTP to a Gmail address or to an address belonging to the same domain as the sender's address. The Gmail server will reject an Email without "From" header and return the error you've observed. I've reported the bug to Safe already and heard that it is addressed to be fixed in FME 2017.1.

Hi @takashi, thank you for informing me.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi @takashi, thank you for informing me.

Hi @itay, I was informed that the relevant issue has been fixed in the latest FME 2017.1 Beta build 17503, and confirmed the upgraded Emailer works fine :-)

Badge +16
Hi @itay, I was informed that the relevant issue has been fixed in the latest FME 2017.1 Beta build 17503, and confirmed the upgraded Emailer works fine :-)

Hi @takashi, excellent thank you for sharing.