Question

To keep or not to keep..titq!

Badge +3
Hi ppl,

Is this normal behaviour? (and is it still in 2014?)

I mean, what is the use of the option "Keep Input Attributes" ?

Now i have to add a keepr in the stream...messing with workbench aesthetics..:(

BB

Gio

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

yes, this option is still there in FME 2014. Here's what the help text says about this option:

Keep Input Attributes

If set to No, no attributes from input polygons will be preserved, except those specified explicitly through the transformer parameters (for example, Group By, Attributes to Sum, List Name, etc.).

If set to Yes, all attributes from input polygons will be merged onto the resulting dissolved polygon. If there are conflicts, attributes from input polygons will be preserved in a two-step process:

• First, attributes from one of the polygons with the largest area will be copied onto the output polygon.
  • Second, attributes from all other input polygons will be copied, without overwrite, onto the output polygon.

David
Badge +3
Hi Daivd,

Yes i understand that is what it is supposed to do.

But as you can see, i chose "no", and group by one attribute "OBJECTCODE". But is still passes trough all those attributes, i unfolded them so you can see.

Forcing me to add a attributekeeper or remover.

To me it seems attribute accumulation setting KIA ="no" does not do anything (?) Is this intended or am i misintpretating the option?

Gio
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi Gio,

Are the attributes really remaining? Although their names are still shown on the Canvas, I think their real content has been removed correctly. Check using Data Inspector (Feature Information window). Probably it's just an issue on the user interface of Workbench.

In FME 2014 SP1, removed attribute names are hidden at the Dissolver output. I guess some improvement has been done about this.

Takashi