Question

Image to Raster GDB missing Georeference data

Hey FME'ites,

I'm having issues trying to bring over a georeferenced JPG to an esri raster GDB. The long story short is I have a folder filled with different images that had been georeferenced in ArcMap. I wanted to migrate all of it to a raster GDB. I'm attempting this on just one JPG to start; a simple JPG reader and Raster GDB writer. I do not set a CRS on the reader or writer because the supplemental georeference file should take care of that. The workbench outputs successfully and the image has the correct coordinate system, but the image is nowhere near its correct destination and it is at a tiny scale. Does the JPG reader not correctly read the supplemental .jgwx georeference data file? Thanks for your time.

3 replies

Badge +22

Normally the world files for jpegs have a jgw extension (no x).

Normally the world files for jpegs have a jgw extension (no x).

Hmm I'm not sure why ArcMap would add the X. I tried removing it and running the workbench again and it didn't seem to change anything. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Badge +22

Hmm I'm not sure why ArcMap would add the X. I tried removing it and running the workbench again and it didn't seem to change anything. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Hmm, it looks like when you have an aux.xml file, the reader is completely ignoring the world file.

If the xml file is not present and the world file is jpw, then the jpeg is correctly positioned, but it doesn't have the texas state plane coordinated system.

I'm not sufficiently caffeinated to cross check if the GCPs in the xml produce the same referencing as the world file.