Question

can't reach to the right schema of open street map

• 25 December 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge

i am developing on an offline GIS application and i'm using open street map as my map source .

at first i was using postgreSQL but i had to switch to oracle . now the problem is in osm schema . i used osm2pgsql for converting osm data to postgres database with schema in the links below using osm PBF file

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osm2pgsql/schema

but the problem is when i add a reader of pbf file in FME , the schema is different as you can see in the image below

now what should i have to do to get the right schema as you see in the link above , cause that schema has more flexibility and references in geometry communities

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Check the settings of the OSM reader, if I recall correctly there's some settings there that deal with how feature types are handled and thus what schema is output.

Do note that it's likely that the schema that comes out of that will still not match the schema that OSM2PGSQL produced.

Badge

thank you for your attention but i didn't see the schema that i mentioned in the post above.

and ican't figure it out that why osm2Pgsql generates different schema from the same source.

Badge +10

I suspect you might need to consider importing the schema from PostGIS onto your Oracle Writer. Once done (Writer > Import Feature Type) then you'll need to map the schema to the target either with an AttributeManager to map the attributes and an AttributeValueMapper to change the layer names by mapping new values to fme_feature_type or use the SchemaMapper and an external lookup file.