Question

Can't load CSV file

• 17 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi

Suddenly that the FME can't load the CSV file.

When I select the csv file as input of the reader, there is exclamation mark on the Parameter. I checked the parameter is fine (delimiter, fields name, data start line) as the preview also look fine.

But the "OK" button can't be clicked.

Anyone know what is wrong?

FYI, I can open the file normally with excel.

I'm using FME Workbench 2018.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

From the screenshot it looks like there is a space in front of the 1 in the setting "Field Names Line".

Could that be causing this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

From the screenshot it looks like there is a space in front of the 1 in the setting "Field Names Line".

Hmmm. I tried this in 2018.1 and 2019 and it works fine. And I don't see any advanced parameters that could possibly cause an incomplete dialog. I think @mhprawiro that you will need to share your csv file with us for testing. Can you submit it via https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/? Then we can try and replicate the problem.

I've tried to load the file using 2019, and it works fine.

So, I think problem is not in the csv file.

Just wondering what's wrong with 2018.1

Hmmm. I tried this in 2018.1 and 2019 and it works fine. And I don't see any advanced parameters that could possibly cause an incomplete dialog. I think @mhprawiro that you will need to share your csv file with us for testing. Can you submit it via https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/? Then we can try and replicate the problem.

hi @mark2atsafe, I tried add reader with a different file of .txt or .csv file (which are previously used as reader in the workbench) and it still has the same issue.

I believe this is not caused by my file.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I've tried to load the file using 2019, and it works fine.

So, I think problem is not in the csv file.

Just wondering what's wrong with 2018.1

Hi @mhprawiro I've seen this problem a few times myself. Maybe it was just a bad 2018.1 build?