Question

Read Civil 3D Property Sets in 2019.1

• 15 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

There's been several topics on reading Civil 3D Property Sets on the FME forum, and according to the release notes for FME 2019.1 support seems to have been silently added:

-------------------------- FME 2019.1 b19527 20190309 --------------------------
Civil 3D: Added read support for property sets [FMEENGINE-10155]
-------------------------- FME 2019.1 b19540 20190327 --------------------------
Civil3D: Read property sets from CAD entities as well as Civil entities [FMEENGINE-10155]

However I'm having trouble in getting it to work in a reliable manner and there doesn't seem to be any documentation of the extent of the support.

0684Q00000ArAnPQAV.png

Above are some of the attributes from our Property Sets. NV-Corridor are automatically assigned by Naviate and all of the information from that plugin works fine. BIP are attributes that we define ourselves with Property Sets. The ones that showup in the Property list in FME and that I'm able to read in the workspace seem to be limited to plain text Properties in the Property set. Whereas the bulk of the information we add use some sort of formula, these are nowhere to be found.

Is this a bug? A limitation in the current implementation of the Property Set reader? Or am I missing something in my current configuration?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @andrejacquet,

This is likely a limitation of the present Civil3D reader. However, we are always trying to improve our readers, so if you would like to share your file with us, I can create an enhancement request for our development team. If you do not want to make your data public, you can send it to me directly at .

Badge

Hi @andrejacquet,

This is likely a limitation of the present Civil3D reader. However, we are always trying to improve our readers, so if you would like to share your file with us, I can create an enhancement request for our development team. If you do not want to make your data public, you can send it to me directly at .

I see, and sadly I can't make the data fully public but I have extracted part of the model and am sending it to the email adress that you provided!