Question

Cloner, duplication issues after 10,000 rows

• 4 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

Cloner, duplication issues after 10,000 rows

My issue is, my 'source' dataset (6,600 rows) needs to clone each single row 54 times,

example - Row '2' is cloned 54 times so the 'output' has 54 identical rows of '2' (to then later be transposed..etc..);

I have noticed once the completed 'Output' dataset reaches 10,000 rows it starts again from the top (row 2 of source again), so row 2 has 54 correct clones and then it repeats again at 10,002, 20,002, 30,002 etc......

The issue: Original row 2 repeated again at row 10,002

Simplified set-up:

Hope someone can help?

regards,

Richard

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @rsupple I'm unable to reproduce your problem. Which build of FME are you using? If you still see this behavior with the latest beta then please send us details of your case.

Badge

Hi Dan,

I believe I have the latest version, 2019.0.1.0

Badge +2

Hi Dan,

Hi @rsupple,

We just released the official 2019.2 yesterday, would you be able to try running this workspace in the latest build? Note: you may need to upgrade some transformers for the fixes to take effect - similarly, you can also upgrade the reader/s and writers if applicable.

You can download it directly from the FME Downloads page. As Dan suggested, if the issue still exists in the latest build, can you please send us the workspace so we via the Report a problem webform so we can further investigate.

Hope that helps.

Badge

Hi Dan,

Hi Chris,

I'll speak to the team who updates our systems applications and request the update and let you know if this has solved the issue for me.

thank you,