Question

How to identify short lines that partly duplicates longer line

• 31 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have one feature layer with lines that are not topologically cleaned. There are many lines that are partly duplicated with shorter lines. Except FID, other attributes are the same.

Any suggestions how to identify duplicate polylines (short lines)? LineOnLineOverlayer dont work for me.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

The LineOnLineOverlayer will split up lines where they overlap, try the SpatialFilter (or SpatialRelator) instead.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

After the LineOnLineOverlayer you will want to test for lines wiht overlaps greater than 1, this will return the overlapping segments. If you need to know the IDs of the feature you can build a list

Badge

After the LineOnLineOverlayer you will want to test for lines wiht overlaps greater than 1, this will return the overlapping segments. If you need to know the IDs of the feature you can build a list

How to test lines with overlaps greather than 1 ?

Badge

SpatialFilter and SpatialRelator doesnt work too, because all lines are in the same shapefile.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

How to test lines with overlaps greather than 1 ?

The _overlaps attribute is automatically generated in the line on line overlayer, then you just need a tester

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

SpatialFilter and SpatialRelator doesnt work too, because all lines are in the same shapefile.

In the same shapefile shouldn't be a problem in itself, you can send the shapefile to both requestor and supplier port, and as long as each feature has a unique attribute you can use this in the attributes must differ paramet to avoid each feature comparing against itself. I'd avoid it for this scenario however, as there is no tolerance within this transformer so might not give the output you're looking for.

Badge

The _overlaps attribute is automatically generated in the line on line overlayer, then you just need a tester

Thank You! I will try this.