Question

Converting a DWG file to GIS feature classes and export from the polyline feature class new feature classes based on specific layers name

Badge

I couldn’t figure out the best practice to Convert a file from AutoCAD to GIS and then derive a new feature classes based on a specific layer fields

In the ArcGIS, for example this sort of work is done as shown in the following model

How could I preform the same work by using FME work bench?

Thanks

Rawan

2 replies

Badge +3

Looking at the modelBuilder process, I would suggest to start with a Filegdb reader and select only the feature types you want to write.

You can add a DWG writer and output what you read to a DWG-file.

For adding and deleting fields, as well as setting attribute values I would recommend the AttributeManager.

Depending on the filter you apply in the select step, you could either use a AttributeFilter, a GeomtryFilter and/or a TestFilter.

For writing I think you use a Filegdb again, so you'll need to add that one as a Writer as well.

I hope this helps you to get the first steps done.

Badge

Dear lars_de_vries,

Thank you for your answer. I need to transform file from AutoCAD to feature class in ArcMap, so I started by adding AutoCAD reader and I need all the layers in AutoCAD file to be transformed. I’ve updated the model as the follow screenshot. May be now it will explain better what I need.

Cheers,

Rawan