Question

ExcelStyler first row no colour

Badge +4

Hello,

my problem is to style a simple Excel table.

When cell xy is 1 --> colour background set to red.

It is working in many cases only the first row doesn't turn red. What am I doing wrong?

Result in Excel:

Thanks for your help. :)

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Can you share your conditional statement for the background colour?

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @connecter

Could you share your Workspace?

Whats version of FME are you using?

I tested here:

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @connecter

Could you share your Workspace?

Whats version of FME are you using?

I tested here:

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

The condition on ExcelStyler:

Badge +4

Hi Danilo,

thanks for your fast response. I don't understand it where my mistake is... :(

My version is: 2020.0.1.0 (20200407 - Build 20218 - WIN64)

You find the workflow below. Thanks!

Excel_Farbgebung.fmw

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi Danilo,

thanks for your fast response. I don't understand it where my mistake is... :(

My version is: 2020.0.1.0 (20200407 - Build 20218 - WIN64)

You find the workflow below. Thanks!

Excel_Farbgebung.fmw

Thanks your Workspace.

I opened and removed the Writer and inserted a new one:

Could you test with the attached Workspace?

Thanks in Advance - 39160-excel-farbgebung_New.fmw

Danilo

Badge +4

Thanks your Workspace.

I opened and removed the Writer and inserted a new one:

Could you test with the attached Workspace?

Thanks in Advance - 39160-excel-farbgebung_New.fmw

Danilo

Thanks, it is working, but why? I don't see a differense. I also have the same problem at another workflow.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Thanks, it is working, but why? I don't see a differense. I also have the same problem at another workflow.

Nice - great news :) Thanks your feedback.

I dont know the reason - maybe any dll with different version.

Badge +4

Nice - great news :) Thanks your feedback.

I dont know the reason - maybe any dll with different version.

I test it futher. With the Inspector everything is working, but without the same problem happens. Then I downloaded the new version (2020.0.3-b20252) and everything is fine. Thanks for your support!

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

I test it futher. With the Inspector everything is working, but without the same problem happens. Then I downloaded the new version (2020.0.3-b20252) and everything is fine. Thanks for your support!

Awesome. I'm happy to help you!

Badge +4

After moving on, I got the problem back. I think it's a bug. @safesoftware can you look into it?

Badge +10

After moving on, I got the problem back. I think it's a bug. @safesoftware can you look into it?

Hi @connecter,

I was only able to reproduce this issue with FME build 20218 when the workspace was not saved. I also tested the latest FME 2020.1 version (build 20594) with an unsaved workspace and was not able to reproduce the issue.

With build 20218, after I saved the workspace and re-ran the workspace to a new Excel sheet, the first cell was coloured as expected.

Could you confirm what version (including the build) of FME you are using? If you are using a workspace that was initially created in build 20218 but are using a newer version of FME, could you ensure you update your writer so that the version is updated or add a brand new writer to your workspace?

- Andrea

Badge +4

Hi @connecter,

I was only able to reproduce this issue with FME build 20218 when the workspace was not saved. I also tested the latest FME 2020.1 version (build 20594) with an unsaved workspace and was not able to reproduce the issue.

With build 20218, after I saved the workspace and re-ran the workspace to a new Excel sheet, the first cell was coloured as expected.

Could you confirm what version (including the build) of FME you are using? If you are using a workspace that was initially created in build 20218 but are using a newer version of FME, could you ensure you update your writer so that the version is updated or add a brand new writer to your workspace?

- Andrea

Hi @andreaatsafe,

thanks for testing and your answer. I install the beta (FME(R) 2020.1.0.0 (20200626 - Build 20588 - WIN64)) and everything is fine. In Version 2020 (FME(R) 2020.0.3.0 (20200605 - Build 20252 - WIN64)) the problem pops up sometimes. I delete the write and at a new one. Here are my testresults:

• When you duplicate the Excelwrite and split the sheets by a column on some pages (sheets/Tabelle see screenshot below) the first row isn't coloured
  • The Inspector has an effect on the output (C= first row coloured, NC = no colour):
  • No Inspector:
    • Tabelle 1: C
    • 2: C
    • 3: C
    • 4: C
    • 5: NC
    • 6: C
    • 7: C
  • One Inspector:
    • 4: NC
    • 6: NC
  • Two Inspectors:
    • 3: NC
    • 7: NC

I don't change anything expect the Inspector(s). I saved the workflow every time before I rerun the workflow and I delete the existed Excelsheet.

I can't share the new workflow- sorry. :(

But it looks like you change the Excelwriting in the new beta, so I go with the beta until it is release as stable version.

Badge +10

Hi @andreaatsafe,

thanks for testing and your answer. I install the beta (FME(R) 2020.1.0.0 (20200626 - Build 20588 - WIN64)) and everything is fine. In Version 2020 (FME(R) 2020.0.3.0 (20200605 - Build 20252 - WIN64)) the problem pops up sometimes. I delete the write and at a new one. Here are my testresults:

• When you duplicate the Excelwrite and split the sheets by a column on some pages (sheets/Tabelle see screenshot below) the first row isn't coloured
  • The Inspector has an effect on the output (C= first row coloured, NC = no colour):
  • No Inspector:
    • 4: C
    • 6: C
  • One Inspector:
  • Two Inspectors:
    • 3: NC
    • 7: NC

I don't change anything expect the Inspector(s). I saved the workflow every time before I rerun the workflow and I delete the existed Excelsheet.

I can't share the new workflow- sorry. :(

But it looks like you change the Excelwriting in the new beta, so I go with the beta until it is release as stable version.

Hi @connecter,

Thanks for letting me know that one of the 2020.1 betas is working for you.

Apologies I was not clearer in my earlier message, but you can now upgrade to the officially released version of FME 2020.1 build 20594 here: https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/

- Andrea