Question

UNC path in fme server

• 11 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge

HI. I try connect unc path to resource in fme server (like: \\\\{nameserver}\\folder).

And i start fme core by network service.

But i have some errore, when created new resourse. "We couldn't find what you wanted "

Network service have a permission to UNC.

Do u know how i can connected?

5 replies

Badge +2

There is a unusual character after CX in your path.

Maybe FME Server don't recognize Russian letters? Try something more common, just to be sure.

Badge +21

1. Create a folder with "common letters" / non russian letters - to see if this can be accessed.

2. Make sure all the different FME Server services run with a user that have access to the unc-path (see here:

By default, the FME Server Core, FME Server Engines, and FME Server Application Server Windows services run under the local system account, which does not have network permissions. You may need to run these services under different accounts that canread and write data to the FME Server System Share and FME Server installation directory, particularly in a distributed installation where these services are installed on separate machines. For more information about required permissions for the FME Server System Services, see Directory and Account Permissions. ) 

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/AdminGuide/Running_System_Services_Under_Different_Accounts.htm 

Badge

Two shares are tested on the same server with the same permissions in terms of access. Connecting to a shared local folder works correctly, but I cannot connect to a folder forwarded using iSCS with an error:

Error. The settings for this Resource Connection are invalid. Do you still want to save?

Path does not exist: \\\\dbs2\\francium\\

It seems that FME cannot recognize iSCSI routing.

print screen

Badge

1. Create a folder with "common letters" / non russian letters - to see if this can be accessed.

2. Make sure all the different FME Server services run with a user that have access to the unc-path (see here:

By default, the FME Server Core, FME Server Engines, and FME Server Application Server Windows services run under the local system account, which does not have network permissions. You may need to run these services under different accounts that canread and write data to the FME Server System Share and FME Server installation directory, particularly in a distributed installation where these services are installed on separate machines. For more information about required permissions for the FME Server System Services, see Directory and Account Permissions. ) 

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/AdminGuide/Running_System_Services_Under_Different_Accounts.htm 

UPD       

Badge +11

@gellerroma​ Did you ever make it pasted this one? Sorry for not seeing this long before now.

Steve.