Solved

3D Shapefile with 3DForcer?

• 22 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

Hello,

i'm pretty sure it's a simple problem, but somehow i'm not able to write a 3D shapefile. Every time I look at the feature information in the Data Inspector, I get "2D" as the dimension. But I need "3D" as dimension.

As a test, I have written the script below. After I have created a "test point", I create an attribute with a height, which I write into the Z-value using the 3DForcer. When exporting I want to write a 3D shapefile, but I have some kind of error and I can't see the forest in front of the trees anymore.

Thanks a lot for the help

icon

Best answer by alfons 22 January 2020, 13:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

I can't download your workspace.

But I have built something similar and is working fine

shape3d.fmw

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Did you set the output dimension in the feature type properties?

Badge +21

1. Please upload the workspace again - it is not possible to download

2. Show a screenshot of the feature from the Inspector called CoordinateExtractor_Output

Badge +7

I found the problem with the help of the provided script by oscard. When I used the script, I received a message that the script was saved with a newer version - good to know. After checking the "new" result, I received a 2D shapefile again. So I checked FME of a newer version - I worked with FME 2019.2.2.0 b19813 20191202 and the updater found a newer version FME 2019.2.2.0 b19817 20200103, which I have now installed. During the installation I checked the changelog and found the following fix:

------------------------------

FME 2019.2.2.0 b19815 20191211

------------------------------

Shapefile: Fixed incorrect output geometry dimension when using pre-set

shape types [FMEENGINE-62406] C150378

Sounds exactly like my problem. After updating my FME and testing my original workspace, I got the result I expected - the dimension is 3D.

So thank you all for your help.