Question

Error while performing a grid transformation

Badge

Hello,

I created a new coordinate system + transformation based on a grid .gsb file.

While using the Csmapreprojector the transformation fails, can someone help me to figure out the reason ?

Thank you very much.

Here is the transformation I defined

Here is the error I get :

CsmapReprojector_8(TeeFactory): CsmapReprojector_8: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature: Reprojector: Could not create reprojection engine

CsmapReprojector_8: Reproject: Could not reproject the geometry of the preceding feature: Reprojector: Could not create reprojection engine

and here is the Csmapreprojector configuration

5 replies

Badge

Did you try to do it with other coordinate systems? Are does it always fail?

If you created this transformation I think you will have to share the file to know what is going wrong.

Badge

Did you try to do it with other coordinate systems? Are does it always fail?

If you created this transformation I think you will have to share the file to know what is going wrong.

Hello,

I've never tried with other another coordinate system

Here is the transformation file I created

trans.zip

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
I cannot find a coordinate system called "ITRF" in my Coordinate System Gallery. Is it a custom coordinate system that you defined?

Badge
I cannot find a coordinate system called "ITRF" in my Coordinate System Gallery. Is it a custom coordinate system that you defined?

Yes it is a custom one I added

Badge

lianaolianov, as far as I can check, I think all the necessary parameters are there.

You are 100% sure your custom coordinate system is error proof?

The NTv2 grid file you use to transform: are you sure it covers the coordinates being transformed?

If not, the transformation will not work.

You might try to add a 'FALLBACK' parameter in your transformation file. It will use a different transformation in case your .gsb file does not cover the coordinates being transformed. If you add this parameter and the transformation works, I think you have your problem?

More information on these parameters can be found here: http://docs.safe.com/fme/2017.1/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Workbench/CoordSys/coord_sys_custom_transformation.htm