Question

Unable to create a Database Connection in FME Server using Windows Authentication (for SQL Server)

• 16 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

Trying to make my life easier by setting up some Database connections in FME Server to help with updating workspaces, as I'm having to repoint them to a new SQL Server instance. So I'm trying to set up a named SQL Server connection using Windows Authentication. As expected, user and password fields are greyed out. But when I click on "OK", I'm prompted "PASSWORD is required". What am I doing wrong? Bug?

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @agelfert,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I would agree this is a bug, until fixed I think you will need to create your Database Connections in FME Desktop and then publish them up to FME Server (Option 2 here).

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. I have filed FMESERVER-13360 and will update this post when there is a resolution.

Badge

Hi @agelfert,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I would agree this is a bug, until fixed I think you will need to create your Database Connections in FME Desktop and then publish them up to FME Server (Option 2 here).

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. I have filed FMESERVER-13360 and will update this post when there is a resolution.

Ok, Holly, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to do it via Desktop. Let me know when it's going to be fixed.

Badge +2

Ok, Holly, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to do it via Desktop. Let me know when it's going to be fixed.

Hi @agelfert,

Just to let you know this has been fixed for 2019.2.