Question

feature type filter in FME Desktop 2015 beta

• 3 October 2014
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge
Hi all,

I'm using FME Desktop 2015 beta version.

I'm using Feature Type Filter to direct my 4 different datasets to different channel. (please see screen shot)

Feature Type filter is directing only 1 of 4 dataset, and not passing the rest !

I felt strange as it used to work before in 2014 version..is it a bug ? or am I missing something ?

Can anyone help please ?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

Since FME 2015 is beta, it might contain some incomplete functions.

In order to determine where an issue is, check firstly whether the SchemaMappers have changed feature type names. The feature type name is held as an attribute named "fme_feature_type" by each feature, so you can see it with Logger or Data Inspector.

If the names have been changed even though you have not changed them via SchemaMapper settings, there may be an issue on the SchemaMapper.

If the names have not been changed but the FeatureTypeFilter didn't work with correct feature type names, there may be an issue on the FeatureTypeFilter.

But note that feature type names can be changed by users through some transformers such as SchemaMapper. If the SchemaMapper was set to change the names, the FeatureTypeFilter cannot filter the features with the original feature type names, naturally. So, check also the SchemaMapper settings, before considering it as a bug.

Takashi
Badge
Hi Takashi,

Firstly, thanks for your reply

Secondly, I wonder when the same workbench worked for 2014, and why didn't work for 2015 without any change !

Thirdly, I checked\\re-checked there is no change in SchemaMapper, and as you can see in the screen shot features are passing up to FeatureTypeFilter, and stopping !  I checked with inspector before feature type filter they are ok..but in FeatureTypeFilter all are going to 'Unfiltered' !!

Interestingly, other workbenches which have similar filters are working without any issue !

I'll investigate further..but if each version cause existing workbenches,then it will be a pain.

Thanks again
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
As far as I know, definition of the FeatureTypeFilter has not been changed in FME 2015.

A feature having PLANNING.HER as its "fme_feature_type" goes to the <Undefined> port, rather than the PLANNING.HER port?

Please make sure it again.

If it's sure, that's a really strange behavior. I would recommend you to contact Safe support, sending the workspace and sample data which can reproduce the same situation.
Badge
Thanks for your reply Takashi,

It works now, luks like it's a bug or our environment..