Question

RasterCellCoercer gives wrong result in FME server

Badge

When I use the RasterCellCoercer within a workspace in FME desktop, it works fine.

But when I run the same workspace in FME Server, it returns the polygons in the wrong order it seems.

See example1 image, the blue polygons should be on the same position as the raster, but they aren't.

Does anyone has any idea what the solutions could be?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @arnoldvenema, that's not good! FME Desktop and FME Server should give the same result here.

Is there anyway you can share the workspace and data with us so we can try and reproduce it? If you don't want the workflow in the public then you can report a problem to us at support here: https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/
Badge

The problem is part of large workflow, but I reduced the workspace to just a reader+writer with the RasterCellCoercer in between. With this workspace I can still reproduce the issue. I also included an example GeoTIFF (part of a DEM).

If I run this workspace in FME Desktop (version 2017.1 or 2018.0 on Windows10 64)) I get the desired result. When I run it on our FME server (version 2018.0 - Build 18284 - linux-x64) it doesn't seem to work right.

Badge

The problem is part of large workflow, but I reduced the workspace to just a reader+writer with the RasterCellCoercer in between. With this workspace I can still reproduce the issue. I also included an example GeoTIFF (part of a DEM).

If I run this workspace in FME Desktop (version 2017.1 or 2018.0 on Windows10 64)) I get the desired result. When I run it on our FME server (version 2018.0 - Build 18284 - linux-x64) it doesn't seem to work right.

For some reason it won't let me upload the example TIFF.
Badge

Unfortunately, your version gets the same unwanted result.

I also got the tiff included in the ZIP.

Some extra info: in my worklow, at some point the DEM (GeoTIFF) is clipped with a building footprint resulting in the GeoTIFF as included. From this clipped TIFF I want the pixels to be polygons, as inlcuded in the disired result ZIP. gecliptetiff.zip

disired-result.zip

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Unfortunately, your version gets the same unwanted result.

I also got the tiff included in the ZIP.

Some extra info: in my worklow, at some point the DEM (GeoTIFF) is clipped with a building footprint resulting in the GeoTIFF as included. From this clipped TIFF I want the pixels to be polygons, as inlcuded in the disired result ZIP. gecliptetiff.zip

disired-result.zip

I published your workspace to our FME Server (FME 2018.0.0.3 build 18305 - Cloud) and ran it with your sample GeoTIFF data. The result seems to be correct: fme-5b282f70-1525991204141-2543.zip (FME Server 2018.0.0.3 - Build 18305 - linux-x64)

Badge
I published your workspace to our FME Server (FME 2018.0.0.3 build 18305 - Cloud) and ran it with your sample GeoTIFF data. The result seems to be correct: fme-5b282f70-1525991204141-2543.zip (FME Server 2018.0.0.3 - Build 18305 - linux-x64)

Updating FME server to version 2018.0.0.3 build 18305 solved the problem!

Thank you for helping out!