Question

Read DXF from a zip file inside a Blob

Dear all,

I'm quite new with FME and I'm facing my first issue on my workspace.

• I would like to retrieve a BLOB from an Oracle DB.
  • This BLOB contains a ZIP file of a DXF file.
  • I would like to read this DXF file with autocad_extended attributes.

Currently, I'm stuck at this point: I read the BLOB, I create an attribute (for future transformations), write the file on the file system and extract the zip file.

Now, how can I read the DXF file extracted from ZIP with autocad_extended attributes?

Thank you for the support!

Best Regards,

Michele

3 replies

Badge +3

You should use a FeatureReader transformer. You can refer to the zip-file and have to set the parameters correctly to read the extended attributes, just like a regular reader.

You should use a FeatureReader transformer. You can refer to the zip-file and have to set the parameters correctly to read the extended attributes, just like a regular reader.

Hi Lars thank you for your reply, I've tried the FeatureReader but the extended attributes were not exposed.

At the end I've used WorkspaceRunners that run dedicated workspaces in order to read the DXF file and other formats as input reader.

For the moment this solution works well. In your opinion is there any limit or issue with this?

Thank you,

Michele

Badge +3

Hi Lars thank you for your reply, I've tried the FeatureReader but the extended attributes were not exposed.

At the end I've used WorkspaceRunners that run dedicated workspaces in order to read the DXF file and other formats as input reader.

For the moment this solution works well. In your opinion is there any limit or issue with this?

Thank you,

Michele

I think that might be a good solution as well. I have noticed that not always all reader parameters are available in the FeatureReader.

You only have to watch the number of parallel processes if that is allowed. It shouldn't be a problem, but things good end up in a queue.