Solved

How do I style building polygoons in a KML?

• 9 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi, I am trying to create a KML output which extrudes building polgyons and overlays a Flood Map. Unfortunately I cannot get an output with all of the polygons in a uniform color (see attached image), does anyone know how I fix this issue?

Thanks,

Aaron

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 9 April 2019, 12:45

View original

4 replies

Badge +4

Hi @aaron_oakes13,

You could use a KMLStyler transformer to style your KML file.

This is also used in the FME Desktop Basic training: https://s3.amazonaws.com/gitbook/Desktop-Basic-2018/DesktopBasic2Transformation/2.Exercise7.html

Hi @aaron_oakes13,

You could use a KMLStyler transformer to style your KML file.

This is also used in the FME Desktop Basic training: https://s3.amazonaws.com/gitbook/Desktop-Basic-2018/DesktopBasic2Transformation/2.Exercise7.html

Sorry @arnovananrooij, I didn't mention I was already using one, this still does not fix my issue. I have attached an image of my current KML styler set up. Cheers

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Are you creating the building polygons in the workspace using an extruder (as opposed to the above example where 2d polygons are given a z value and the kmlpropertysetter is set to extrude)? If you are creating the 3d polygons in the workspace then in the advanced writer parameters you want to have "Write 3D Geometry As Polygons" set to yes.

The alternative is to use an AppearanceSetter to control how the features appear in the KML

Are you creating the building polygons in the workspace using an extruder (as opposed to the above example where 2d polygons are given a z value and the kmlpropertysetter is set to extrude)? If you are creating the 3d polygons in the workspace then in the advanced writer parameters you want to have "Write 3D Geometry As Polygons" set to yes.

The alternative is to use an AppearanceSetter to control how the features appear in the KML

Hi, Yes I was using an extruder, alternatively I was advised to use a KMLPropertySetter which has subsequently resolved my issue, thanks for your suggestion!