Solved

Shift line to a certain distance as per point

Badge +1

Hello. I have to correct the road network geometry by shifting road polyline it to the point(that I created using FME to fix the road) beside it.

Below, the dark line is the existing line and to the left is the existing point at a certain distance. Now, I need to shift the full line geometry as it is overlapping the point and maintaining the same distance overall. The dashed line is the required line to be the output.

I tried Neighbourfinder to find the distance and stuck there. AnchoredSnapper(segment snapper) should work, but not purely working. Any ideas about how do I take it ahead.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 7 June 2019, 08:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You could try a the OffsetCurveGenerator. It'll output a copy of the line offset to the specified distance in both directions (left and right) so then you'll just need to figure out which one you want. As you already have that point a SpatialFilter should do (unless you have really weird geometry)

Badge +1

You could try a the OffsetCurveGenerator. It'll output a copy of the line offset to the specified distance in both directions (left and right) so then you'll just need to figure out which one you want. As you already have that point a SpatialFilter should do (unless you have really weird geometry)

Hi @redgeographics. This is an outstanding one. I used NeighbourFinder first and then used the OffsetCurveGenerator with the offset value of _distance from NeighbourFinder.

Thanks for your advice.