Solved

Hyperlinks using a dynamic excel writer

• 24 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I cannot get hyperlinks to work when using a dynamic excel writer using schema. This is how I hook the hyperlink up to the file_path field.

Basically just creating a new attribute as suggested in the manual: file_path.hyperlink

I get no errors but there are no hyperlinks in the written excel-file.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 24 April 2019, 16:11

View original

4 replies

Badge +10

I think the problem will be that your schema doesn't reference the file_path.hyperlink attribute so it does not get written out. You would need to amend the schema to include the file_path.hyperlink for the attribute to be written out. This may not be straightforward, depending on your workflow.

Badge +3

Up to my knowledge, a local file reference uses three forward slashes, like file:///

Maybe that'll help as well. And have a look at this post. Especially the answer by @takashi at the bottom of the post. In short, only have the file_path as an attribute in your writer.

Badge +10

Up to my knowledge, a local file reference uses three forward slashes, like file:///

Maybe that'll help as well. And have a look at this post. Especially the answer by @takashi at the bottom of the post. In short, only have the file_path as an attribute in your writer.

I don't know whether something has changed, but in my experience the hyperlink doesn't work unless you set it on the writer

hyperlink.fmw

Badge +1

Thanks guys! If I set the file_path.hyperlink in the schema file the hyperlink was written.

Now I have big problems getting the hyperlinks with foreign characters such as åäö to work in the hyperlinks, somehow excel dislikes these characters in a folder path. I tried many different combinations and none seems to work so far:)