Question

How to get georeference for objects placed on Autocad paper space? Any parameter or format attributes?

• 13 January 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi

I've got ACAD file and need to migrate objects placed by operator on autocad paper space. FME can read paper spaces (parameter 'Read Paper Space') but objects have got coordinates related to paper spaces. Is there something to get georelation for paper space and map data?

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

This is possible, although it is a little complicated and requires using FME 2016 beta. There are now viewport features in the paper space, which have a polygon geometry and attributes for the model space extents they cover.

- Use a PointOnAreaOverlayer or LineOnAreaOverlayer to transfer the viewport attributes to the paper space features within them, grouping by autocad_space.

- Use an Offsetter to offset the features by the negative of autocad_viewport_center_point_x and autocad_viewport_center_point_y.

- Use a Scaler to scale the features by the inverse of autocad_viewport_custom_scale.

- Use another Offsetter to offset the features by autocad_viewport_view_center_x and autocad_viewport_view_center_y

This process will work for simple top down viewports with no perspective.

Badge

Thanks a lot. It works in FME2016beta.

Badge

For full success for my data I've used additionaly Rotator (360-@Value(autocad_viewport_twist_angle)) before first offsetter and Offsetrer(autocad_viewport_resolved_target_x and y)) instead of autocad_viewport_view_center_ parameters

Badge +9

This is possible, although it is a little complicated and requires using FME 2016 beta. There are now viewport features in the paper space, which have a polygon geometry and attributes for the model space extents they cover.

- Use a PointOnAreaOverlayer or LineOnAreaOverlayer to transfer the viewport attributes to the paper space features within them, grouping by autocad_space.

- Use an Offsetter to offset the features by the negative of autocad_viewport_center_point_x and autocad_viewport_center_point_y.

- Use a Scaler to scale the features by the inverse of autocad_viewport_custom_scale.

- Use another Offsetter to offset the features by autocad_viewport_view_center_x and autocad_viewport_view_center_y

This process will work for simple top down viewports with no perspective.

Hello @daveatsafe this is exactly what I am trying to do so was wondering if you have any examples you could provide to show how the above is done.

Badge +9

For full success for my data I've used additionaly Rotator (360-@Value(autocad_viewport_twist_angle)) before first offsetter and Offsetrer(autocad_viewport_resolved_target_x and y)) instead of autocad_viewport_view_center_ parameters

Hello @arekpierchala, I know it was a while ago but just wondering if you might be able to share the workspace fundamentals on how you achieved the above as I am trying to do the same.

Badge +9

Here is what I did based on the instructions from @daveatsafe above. Thanks :)

Badge +9

Or use the chspace command in autocad