Solved

FeatureReader Parameters

• 10 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

I have multiple jpegs in multiple folders. I first read in using the Directory and File pathnames reader. I didn't want all jpegs to be read so I created a tester to negate some of these. Next I used a string searcher to isolate only the jpgs and not world files or .aux. Next is where my issue arises. I want to now read in the jpgs that I have isolated using a FeatureReader. But within the feature reader parameters for dataset I don't know how to link back to the jpeg files. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by david_r 10 October 2017, 14:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

What value are you passing as "Dataset" in the FeatureReader? Perhaps send the output from the StringSearcher to a Logger so you can see what's going on. From the Path names reader you probably want to use the "path_windows" attribute.

Rather than using the StringSearcher, you can tell the Path names reader to only return .jpg files:

Badge +3

What value are you passing as "Dataset" in the FeatureReader? Perhaps send the output from the StringSearcher to a Logger so you can see what's going on. From the Path names reader you probably want to use the "path_windows" attribute.

Rather than using the StringSearcher, you can tell the Path names reader to only return .jpg files:

That's my problem, I'm not sure what to add as "Dataset" in the FeatureReader. I want to link this to the jpegs that have been isolated in the multiple folders that have been read through the intital Directory and File Pathnames reader.
Badge +3

translationlog.txt

Userlevel 4

Here's how I'd set up the FeatureReader to point to the "path_windows" attribute supplied by the Path names reader:

Notice that I'd also choose to use a single output port, this simplifies your workspace slightly as every jpeg is then output from the <Generic> output port:

Badge +3

That worked perfect.You're a genius!! Thanks so much for the swift help.