Question

AGOL reader issue FME 2018.0

Badge

Hello,

I've installed FME Desktop 2018.0 Database Edition.

When I open an existing FME Workspace with a AGOL Reader I get the following error when I run it:

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Reader: Could not connect to server. Check that you are connected to the internet and that no firewall is blocking outbound connections. The error was 'HTTPSConnectionPool(host='www.arcgis.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /sharing/generateToken?f=json (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', error('Tunnel connection failed: 407 Proxy Authentication Required',)))'

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

If I try to add a Web Connection to my AGOL Account; after I enter my authentication details I get a error

I am going through a proxy server.

Any ideas?

Thanks Helen

4 replies

Badge
Sorry meant to include I can log into my AGOL account on the same box in Chrome.

Badge

Issue seems to be resolved.

I saw this post: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/44922/getting-the-error-python-exception-no-module-named.html

I didn't seem to have the files mentioned in it on my server, but I deleted a folder C:\\apps\\fme and I can now successfully use an AGOL Reader. Haven't tested the writer yet.

Badge

Was able to connect to AGOL in FME 2018.0 last thing before I left work yesterday evening, come in this morning and it is not working again. This is head melting stuff. I don't this version is reliable for scheduled updating of AGOL feature services.

Badge

Eventually got his issue resolved with a change to our proxy server, we had to whitelist arcgis.com and set the policy to 'By Pass Filtering and Authentication' .

The proxy was allowing access through Chrome and ArcMap Desktop, but was causing trouble when reading/writing in FME.