Question

filecopy writer error on no overwrite

Badge

I'm trying to use filecopy writer to copy a folder and its subfolders to a new location. I want to use FME to periodically copy my working folders to the server instead of using a script. I have set the 'overwrite existing file' option to 'No' - the intention being that only files that don't already exist in destinations location will be copied.

I get an error indicating that a file i'm copying already exists in that location or I don't have permissions to the source and destination. The file definitely does not exist in the destination location. I'm just testing this on my C drive and writing from one of my document folders to C:\\temp so there should be no issue with permissions. Also, I have I have also tried the 'yes' option which just overwrites everything and that works fine. I'm using FME 2020. Any help would be appreciated.

The picture below shows the simple workbench. I'm reading a folder and using a logger to output a list of copied files to a csv. The filecopy writer is writing to the new location.

Here are the writer settings:

0 replies

Be the first to reply!