Solved

Problems with 2019 canvas

Badge

This has happened to one of our users: crazy transformer labels, reader names and writer names. I never have seen anything like it. I don't think FME 2019 is playing well with the System Registry of something .Anybody else see this or know a remedy for it?

icon

Best answer by pvaziri 4 April 2019, 17:38

View original

2 replies

Badge +7

Hi @pvaziri,

Thanks for posting about this crazy issue! Sorry that this has affected your user.

Would you be able to send an example workspace (.fmw) that is affected like this? Could you also send the information at Help > About Workbench > More Info and system encoding (Region settings) information (example in the screen shot below).

Feel free to submit this information via a support ticket here: https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/

Thank you,

Nathan

Badge

Sorry, I checked further my colleague's FME Options and I noticed that the Canvas Font was referencing a 'wingding' kind of font. To his defense, I found out he was tabbing around the Appearance window and somehow he scrolled or hit a letter while the Canvas Font selection field had the focus.

Perhaps certain fields should only be updateable via the pop-up menu, especially for potentially scary results. I don't know if the Windows U/I lets that happen but it is something to think about.

So, if you want to remove this topic then feel free since it was pilot error. Again, sorry for the mistake.

Cheers,

Pete