Solved

Map Chainage (Stn from and to) from a Table on a Measure

• 15 March 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hey All

I have been googling this and trying to sort it out for a couple days now and cant seem to get it to work.

I have a table with attributes for starting and ending Chainage (10+050 / 10+100). I want to map these as linear features on an alignment.

The alignment is in as a measure and I'm trying to use the Snipper:

Every feature is rejected by the Snipper. If I manually input the same attributes in the Snipper Starting and Ending Locations, it works fine for that one location.

Also - it appears as though the Snipper keeps the attributes for the Measure, but not the ones from the input table, which would be needed.

Any help would be great - is there a better way to map chainage/station for linear and point features along an alignment?

Mike

icon

Best answer by gio 21 March 2018, 18:42

View original

7 replies

Badge +1

Hi Mike, you're on the right track but it could be a couple of things. Have you converted your chainages to a number? Ie remove the +? Owen

Badge

Hi Owen - thanks for writing back. Yes - the workbench removes the +, and to leave just a number. I even tried writing to new attributes to ensure it was an integer. Still no luck.

Badge +1

What does the log file say? Try checking that your alignment is a single line, and your snipper measure name is identical to the feature measure name

Badge

Hi Owen

Alignment is a single line coming in (see image below for output from Measure Generator) and it just assigns a value of "MEASURE" to the measure name (see previous image where the Snipper calls that).

The error in the Log is:

Snipper_Input: @Snip could not interpret parameter 1 ('') as a starting location for VERTEX/PERCENTAGE/DISTANCE/MEASURE mode.

I figure that this has something to do with the inputs for some reason...but cannot figure out why...here is what they look like:

As I stated before, if I put those same values in manually to the Snipper under Starting and Ending locations it works great (but only maps one at a time). Once I switch to the attributes it fails.

Badge +3

@michaeljsee

The output from the measure generator is entering separate form the from-to's.

I think there are no snipper values for it therefore. Hence the rejections for absent values.

You must relate those values to the line. Basically you need to do 1x26 lines.

This can be done by unconditionally merging the line to the values (set list, process duplicates and explode afterwards)

(Or clone the lines and merge by id's on both input sets)

Or use the snipper in iterative mode. There are a couple of posts on this forum that show how to. (look for "iterative snipper").

(Post a sample set, and we can make a example if needed)

Badge

Thanks Gio

Yeah - if you could post an example, that would help immensely. I looked at the iterative snipper for this before i posted and it all seemed to point to a custom transformer that didn't seem like it would help?

Attached a sample of the type of data (xls) I need to create geometries for.

haldimand-fme-sample.xls

Thanks again!

Mike

Badge

I think might have got it with the FeatureMerger suggestion (unconditional merge)...I set the Table to the Requestor, the Measure to the Supplier and then just Joined on a constant (value of 1)

Seemed to work! I do not understand it at all, but it works!

Thanks Gio. I'll verify that it mapped properly.

Mike