Question

IS there a way to copy multiple feature classes, put a datetimestamp, and write to mutiple feature classes within one reader (without merging features)?

• 25 October 2019
  • 2 replies

This is probably a simple question to many of you. I wonder is there a way to read multiple feature classes in one reader (from a single file geodatabase), put DateTimeStamper on it in one single transformer, and split out multiple feature classes in one dynamic writer?

Please see my attached file. I would like my writer to have 991 features for the AGG_Inspector_Juris, 5630 features for the AGGSite_Authorized_Active and so on. I don't want to have merging features of 8988 in each of the 3 feature classes.

I understand that I can do a one to one (Reader, DateTimeStampler > Writer). However, it would save me so much time if I can just add one transformer to this tool and then somehow split them to appropriate tables.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Yes: try the FeatureTypeFilter after your DateTimeStamper, it'll allow you to split out the original feature types again.

Thanks!! However, woo I found the way. It was one of those simple but a little tricky. I had to leave it as dynamic for the User attribute and add the DateTimeStamper field there instead. This only took me like 6 hours haha to find the best way to load my data.