Question

Using Path Reader to query results and setup path writer

• 13 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi

I am trying to work with the path reader and trying to do the following 2 tasks but struggling to decide the best way to do it and also how.

1) The path finder is picking up a geodatabase. At feature reader it picks up 5 feature classes. At generic stage or next step is there anyway for it to pick up a specific feature class? This will mean i can then query the results just for that feature class.

2) The output which is the geodatabase changes name on weekly basis. I would like to write out to this geodatabase without having to manually change the file output to the geodatabase. Would this be possible in the same way the path finder is used to find the original directory.

Example is below

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @fazsnatch,

1) You can set the specific feature class name to the Feature Types to Read parameter in the FeatureReader, in order to read only features belonging to the feature class.

2) If you intend to use the current date (e.g. generated by the DateTimeStamper) to determine the destination dataset name, consider configuring Dataset Fanout for the writer. See also here to learn more about Dataset Fanout.

Badge

Hi @fazsnatch,

1) You can set the specific feature class name to the Feature Types to Read parameter in the FeatureReader, in order to read only features belonging to the feature class.

2) If you intend to use the current date (e.g. generated by the DateTimeStamper) to determine the destination dataset name, consider configuring Dataset Fanout for the writer. See also here to learn more about Dataset Fanout.

Thank you @takashi

1) I have managed to resolve this, missed the place to add the feature class.

2) My issue with this one has not been able to get it to find the same geodatabase used for the reader. The reader is based on the last modified date but I can also manually delete the other geodatabases so it only picks up the only geodatabase in the folder.