Question

Do we have another transformer instead of topology builder to create from node to node

Badge +13

part of line intersects to line at the same point .

i would like to create from node , to node , so i used topology builder , but it creates extra nodes that i do not need ,and split the line .

the vertex at beginning of the line and vertex at end of line that what i need .

i tried using filter touches in candidate out to first topology builder clean no group by id then topology builder clean yes . but the ouput at second topology builder still gives extra nodes .as picture ,

this method works with crossing lines but when i have part of line as part of another line it creates extra nodes .

the output of topology builder clean yes ,but it creates intersection point that i do not need as split the line in new point

Do we have another transformer instead of topology builder to create from node to node ?

or how could i using topology builder properly to create nodes when i have crossing lines and lines touched in as picture .

FME 2018

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @gogopotter90

Did you try to use the transformer LineonLineOverlayer?

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Badge +2

@gogopotter90 Pretty well all FME topology transformers require the topology o be 'clean', which includes removing overlapping lines - in this case using the LineOnLineOverlayer as @danilo_fme suggests.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @gogopotter90,

In the TopologyBuilder, please set the parameter 'Advanced - Generate From' to 'End Nodes Only'. This should prevent the cleaning step of topology building that is creating the extra nodes. This option is useful when you have datasets in the which the lines deliberately cross or overlap.

Badge +13

Hi @gogopotter90,

In the TopologyBuilder, please set the parameter 'Advanced - Generate From' to 'End Nodes Only'. This should prevent the cleaning step of topology building that is creating the extra nodes. This option is useful when you have datasets in the which the lines deliberately cross or overlap.

i think generate from did not exist in fme 2018

is there any other option should i do,thanks for helping

Badge +13

@gogopotter90 Pretty well all FME topology transformers require the topology o be 'clean', which includes removing overlapping lines - in this case using the LineOnLineOverlayer as @danilo_fme suggests.

i used line on line ,it creates the same extra point also ,and i have also crossing lines it creates nodes at overlapped lines but could u explain to me if i used line on line ,how could i create from to node because i see this option only with topology builder .

but the only difference that in topology builder clean yes ,it gives the small line overlapped two id of both of lines intersected in extra node ,but line of line it gives only one id .

i tried also using line on line group by id but it does not create any nodes at intersected lines but output line that exactly what i want bcs i used group by id but i need to create from to node without extra nodes

by using intersector group by id instead of lineonline then point on line transformer

so each line is properly noded then i tried to use topology builder again it gives me the same problem

Do you have suggestion what should i do to create from to node

thanks for helping

Badge +13

Hi @gogopotter90

Did you try to use the transformer LineonLineOverlayer?

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

i used line on line ,it creates the same extra point also ,and i have also crossing lines it creates nodes at overlapped lines but could u explain to me if i used line on line ,how could i create from to node because i see this option only with topology builder .

but the only difference that in topology builder clean yes ,it gives the small line overlapped two id of both of lines intersected in extra node ,but line of line it gives only one id .

i tried also using line on line group by id but it does not create any nodes at intersected lines but output line that exactly what i want bcs i used group by id but i need to create from to node without extra nodes

by using intersector group by id instead of lineonline then point on line transformer

so each line is properly noded then i tried to use topology builder again it gives me the same problem

Do you have suggestion what should i do to create from to node

thanks for helping

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

i think generate from did not exist in fme 2018

is there any other option should i do,thanks for helping

In 2018, setting Assume Clean Data to Yes should also prevent the cleaning step, and avoid the line splitting.

Badge +13

In 2018, setting Assume Clean Data to Yes should also prevent the cleaning step, and avoid the line splitting.

i did it already assume data clean ,it creates the extra node but the short line after splitted has two id from splitted line

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

i did it already assume data clean ,it creates the extra node but the short line after splitted has two id from splitted line

Would you mind sharing a sample of your data with me? I would like to reproduce the problem and see if I can find the reason for it. You can send it to me privately - - if you wish.

Badge +13

Would you mind sharing a sample of your data with me? I would like to reproduce the problem and see if I can find the reason for it. You can send it to me privately - - if you wish.

thanks for ur message but unforunately ,it will be hard to share the data,but anyway thanks alot