Question

No access to @Value() in files passed from outside of FME

• 11 December 2018
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

I am using the HTML-FeatureWriter for creating a HTML-File. The HTML-file consists of different parts, stored and passed by attributes. The different script parts contain values like @Value(name). Now I want to store the script parts as .txt (or others) outside of FME for better editing. When I'm importing them and link them to attributes, it seems like the "@Value()"-tags aren't recognized by FME. Is there another way for editing scripts containing @Value()-tags outside of FME?

3 replies

Badge +3

@pascatl

@Value(attr_name) is the value of the attr_name.

Those "tags" are not passed to output, but the attribute_name and its value.

So writing @Value(text_line_data) writes the value of the attribute text_line_data.

@pascatl

@Value(attr_name) is the value of the attr_name.

Those "tags" are not passed to output, but the attribute_name and its value.

So writing @Value(text_line_data) writes the value of the attribute text_line_data.

I think my concern has not become fully clear. I am aware of the meaning of @Value(). But the value of @Value(text_line_data) contains @Value(attr_name) elements itself, which are not replaced by the real attribute value of "attr_name", but leaving "@Value(attr_name)" standing in the text of "text_line_data". So in the .html-file as output I have the string "@Value(attr_name)" in the code, which is not very useful.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I see the issue -- you'd like us to fill in values in the template. Without looking I wonder if the XMLTemplater could be useful for something like this? Might be worth checking out. Otherwise, please post an idea and we'll consider it.