Question

AttributeRenamer - Not Showing Error

Badge +2

In AttributeRenamer transformer, I have added Input attribute "ATTR1" and Output Attribute as "ATTR2". Later I have added Attribute Keeper before AttributeRenamer and did not selected the "ATTR1" attribute.

But AttributeRenamer is not showing any error (Red Wheel) as it is shown in earlier version of FME.

Does any one is having same problem or not...

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @pratap, in my personal view, probably it's intentional behavior.

Not only in the case where an AttributeKeeper has been inserted, always you can enter any string to the Input Attributes column. A benefit from the behavior is that any attribute can be set to remove even if its name were not exposed.

On the other hand, the transformer just does nothing if the input feature doesn't have an attribute with the name that matches the string entered into the Input Attributes column, so it could not cause any side-effect.

Badge +2

Hi @takashi,

It is not changing even if we delete the attributecreator...

In older version, it is used to change to red such that we are able to identify and change the input attributes as required based on source data.

I prefer to highlight because we should know that we are passing wrong/invalid attributes rather doing nothing during translation.

I have changed the readers in 50+ work spaces unfortunately OBJECTID field has been renamed as OID in 1 reader and it did not shown any error. So now, I have to check all the 200 readers in 50 work spaces... :(

Badge +2

Hi @takashi,

Due to change in the behaviour of AttributeRenamer transformer using AttributeManager is best in this case, I think.